Calendar/ What's New
Agua Alma Training
~~~~ WILLOW WAY WELLNESS ~~~~
~ Agua Alma Aquatic Bodywork (overview) ~
Calendar of Holistic Body Therapy
Agua Alma Exploration (prerequisite for certification)
The Plunge I & II, Agua Alma Certification course
~ Aston-Patterning® & Movement - overview ~
Aston® Fitness - Overview
Aston® Fitness - Ongoing Fitness Program
Aston® Fitness/ One-Day Workshop
To be arranged, call if interested.
~ How to register for classes ~
~~ Agua Alma Aquatic Bodywork ~~
A deep communion with water forms the basis of Agua Alma® aquatic bodywork. Weaving together support for both personal and planetary healing, four cornerstone sessions further positive relations with Self, the Elements, and the Web of Life:
The framework of the Four Directions helps individualize the session to the needs of the individual. Moreover, the intentional calling of the direction of choice calls that energy, and the corresponding element as active healing agents into the session.
- The West~Water Session is for calming and addressing trauma. Influences of Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing and David LaChapelle’s trauma work provide guidelines for deep listening, minimizing sensory input and allowing the universal healing qualities of water to emerge. The West session is excellent for head injuries, neurological calming, ADD and fatigue.
- The North-Earth session is for centering and sensing purpose. Opening the core conduit of the spine with consistent movement messages of flexion/extension/ spiraling have been found to be effective in supporting purpose and directiveness with the North session.
- The East~Air Session is a continuum of Structural Balance ranging to the experience of Soaring. It includes an assessment protocol and strategic planning influenced by the leading-edge structural & functional principles of Aston-Patterning® which yield beautiful structural changes in the water—the "new" body, akin to the energy of the new day, and the dawn. Once structural balance permits, the experience of soaring can be achieved.
- The South~Fire session is for playfulness, passion and creativity. Influence of Contact Improvisation and Five Rhythm Dance assist in the creative, playful flow. Continuum, Emily Conrad’s pioneering work in communicating with the water within us provides a dive into the ecstatic realms. The South is the session that most often includes underwater work.
The certification course prepares the trainee to provide quality aquatic bodywork grounded in the Aston-Patterning® movement principles of fluid dynamics. The influence of Emily Conrad's Continuum Movement helps us go beyond cultural constraints to reclaim the connecting link to the diversity of our bio-world, the web of life.
This training is an opportunity to further your own healing, deepen clinical skills, and rejuvenate with a beautiful healing retreat.
Many of Agua Alma's principles can be applied to table therapy work as well.
See the Agua Alma Training page for more info.
See the Agua Alma Certification Course schedule below.
~~ Agua Alma Certification Course ~~
The Exploration, 5.5 days, dates & location to be arranged
The Plunge I, 5.5 days, The Plunge II, 5.5 days, days, dates & location to be arranged
(To go forward with the certification past the introductory class, The Exploration, a commitment to both Plunge I & II is required. Plunge I & II are usually scheduled with a minimum of several weeks, up to several months between them.)
Cost for Plunge I & II: $1320.
Sliding scale or payment plans available when appropriate. Please inquire if needed.
To register, send payment:
by check, make payable to Zia Parker, send to 6481 N 63rd St., Longmont, CO 80503
by paypal, send to ziaparker(at)yahoo(dat)com via PayPal.com
Contact: Zia Parker at 303.530.1415 or ziaparker(at)yahoo(dat)com.
For the Agua Alma Certification Training, 50% of the course fee is required as a deposit one month prior to the start date. Full payment is due one week prior to the start date, unless other arrangements have been made. This deposit is fully refundable up to two weeks prior to the start date, then becomes fully non-refundable. Agua Alma's option to cancel the course closes two weeks prior the start date, on the day full payment is due, except in the case of a medical emergency with doctor's letter.
If the School has not received your Final Payment on time, you may be canceled from the class and you will forfeit your deposit.
See the Agua Alma Training page for more info.
~~~ Water Rites / Earth Rites ~~~
We will begin in nature with a focus on communion with water as sacred and precious and reclaiming our fluid nature. Water connects us with all the basic elements, and thus, with all things. Building relationship with water can help us hear the voices that go beyond the average human dialogue . Together, we will build resonance with the bio-field toward this aim of furthering our understanding of plant people, and the animals.
Progressing from nature to focus on our "body-temples", then, into the healing warm pool to come full-circle, and focus on sending our healing energy out to the Earth. I'll present some basic Aston® principles of structural support to help ground work with partners in the water--to enhance the dance of giving and receiving. Thus, boosting energy reserves and confidence to manifest our calling in the world.
- Not currently scheduled. To be arranged, $30.
- Mountain Day-long, to be arranged, $50. We will hike into Indian Peaks Wilderness for a collaborative water rite in the heart of wild-flower season, then progress to partner work in the warm pool. Be prepared to hike 4-5 miles. Bring a lunch.
- Both "Water Rites" groups include an optional Agua Alma session with Zia, discounted to $60. Schedule at your convenience as close as possible to the workshop.
~~~ Aston-Patterning® Overview ~~~
Aston-Patterning®, a comprehensive body therapy method, revolves around understanding of movement patterns and their relationship to limitation or pain. Assessment and refined attention to functional movement patterns is the "missing link" for many acute and chronic problems arising from the human structure.
Aston-Patterning® recognizes that the motion and form of the human body take on three-dimensional asymmetrical spiral patterns and that each human body is unique.
Aston-Patterning® consists of: visual & tactile assessment, 3 hands-on forms of work, ergonomics, and Aston® Fitness. Aston-Patterning® assists the individual to maximize their potential functioning and expression; whether their interest is honing a sport, musical performance, rehabilitation, or consciousness exploration.
Aston-Patterning® study will help you understand:
Class details for ASTON PATTERNING®, ASTON® THERAPEUTICS and ASTON® FITNESS listed below.
- How to correlate pain patterns with inefficient movement patterns.
- Your own body-use patterns: what's working/ what isn't.
- How your movement patterns impact your clients.
- 3 dimensionality: why it is important//how to reclaim it-- in your body, your movement, and your touch.
- How to go to the right depth in your tissue work-to accurately access where the holding is, from surface to bone-- without strain for practitioner or client via 3-D touch.
- How your body can be strong and resilient for the long term.
~~~~~ Aston® Fitness ~~~~~
Aston® Fitness is a 3-phase fitness system, giving your body the opportunity to release tightness with "loosening", tune your alignment with stretching, and stabilize & strengthen with "toning".
We work with movement principles applied to awareness of your own "everyday" functional movement patterns. In the Aston® Fitness work, one becomes familiar with one's own tension patterns and movement habits and the 3-D dynamics, and inter-relationships that fuel them. Awareness of alignment, spatial relationships, relative tone or mobility comes to light so you can learn to wield these factors to your best advantage.
This introductory workshop provides a movement-intervention vocabulary of tools and problem-solving skills to know how to apply them for your unique body. This information can be applied to any exercise system, sport, musical or performance situation.
This class is open to body therapists and educators, and to the public. There is a plethora of information that can be directly applied in your practice, and your body will love it! In this one day workshop each individual will receive the Aston® tactile and visual assessment.
~~~~~~~ Aston® Fitness ~~~~~~~
Aston® Fitness Classes provide a movement-intervention vocabulary of tools and problem-solving skills to know how to apply them for your unique body. This information can be applied to any exercise system, sport, musical or performance situation. It is used by highly-honed athletes, as well as for those just getting back into shape, or with chronic limitations. It is great for rehabilitation from accident or injury. If you have trouble exercising without hurting yourself—try Aston® Fitness. It can help you learn "how-to" exercise—specifically for you.
Ongoing Fitness Program
- Please call Zia for current schedule at 303.530.1415.
- Please call to schedule. $20 per 90 min class. Sliding scale applies.
~~ Aston® Fitness One-Day Workshop ~~
The Aston® Fitness One-Day Workshop includes a one-on-one assessment protocol of tactile and visual observation, which is cross-referenced to arrive at a hypothesis for the "index" - the place in the tension pattern as a system that will provide the biggest "domino-effect" of positive change in the tension pattern as a whole.The "index" clarifies "the cause", which is often distinct from "the effect", or symptom. The "index" can be tested for accuracy, and adjusted. The participant will then be coached in applying the knowledge of their index to learning the Aston® Fitness vocabulary of moves.
This assessment protocol will be scheduled on the prior evening, with 20 minutes allotted to each individual.
Learning these movement principles is a very pragmatic kinesthetic learning process that can benefit your work and your own body. Starting the workshop with the one-on-one assessment protocol enriches the learning process with first-hand experience.
To register, contact Zia Parker at 303.530.1415.
For the Agua Alma Certification Training, the 50% deposit is required one month prior to the start date. Full payment is due one week prior to the start date, unless other arrangements have been made. The option to cancel closes one week before the start date, on the day full payment is due,except in the case of a medical emergency.
Sliding scale and/or payment plans are available as appropriate, please call to inquire.
**Most of these classes can be given at your location for groups of six or more.**
For more info call Zia at 303-530-1415, or send an email here. Additional info is also at www.aguaalma.com, www.aston-patterning.com and www.ziaparker.com